同位语从句的先行词多为fact, news, idea, thought, question, reply, report, remark等，关联词多用从属连词that。如： They were all very much worried over the fact that you were sick. 对你生病这件事，他们都很焦虑。 Where did you get the idea that I could not come? 你在哪儿听说我不能来? Early in the day came the news that Germany had declared war on Russia. 德国已对俄国宣战的消息一大早就传来了。
同位语从句偶尔由从属连词whether引导。如： I have no idea whether he’ll come or not. 我不知道他是否来。 连接代词who, which, what和连接副词where, when, why, how亦可引导同位语从句。 The question who should do the work requires consideration. 谁该干这项工作，这个问题需要考虑。 We haven't yet settled the question where we are going to spend our summer vacation. 到哪儿去度暑假，这个问题我们还没有决定。 It is a question how he did it. 那是一个他如何做了此事的问题。
that引导的同位语从句与定语从句之区别 that引导的同位语从句 that引导的定语从句 句法功能上 that只起连接从句的作用，无意义。在从句中不充当句子成分。不可省。 that替代先行词在从句中不仅起连接作用，还充当一个句子成分。如在从句中作动词的宾语时可省略。 意义上 从句是被修饰名词的内容。 从句起限定作用，是定语 如：The news that Mr. Li will be our new English teacher is true. (同位语从句，that不可省。) 李先生将是我们的新英语老师这个消息是真的。 The news (that) he told me yesterday is true. (定语从句，that在从句中作told的宾语，可省。) 他昨天告诉我的消息是真的。
一些表示“建议、命令、要求”的名词后所跟的同位语从句中，谓语动词用虚拟语气should+动词原形表示。should可省。如： This is our only request that this (should) be settled as soon as possible. 这就是我们唯一的请求：尽快解决这个问题。
1. It worried her a bit her hair was turning gray.
2. I have no idea we can do with these waste materials.
3. the doctor really doubts is my mother will recover from the serious disease soon.
4. It is hoped nature will never be destroyed.
5. do you guess will give a talk on English tomorrow?
6. ---- I drove to Zhuhai for the air show last week. ---- Is that you had a few days off?
7. Word came I was wanted at the office.
8. Do you know of them will be our new headmaster?
9. The teacher didn't tell me we were wrong.
10. It's generally considered unwise to give a child he or she wants.
1. It was true Alice did surprised her mother. A. that B. what C. that, what D. what, that
2. Does matter much he can't come to the meeting. A. it, if B. that, if C. it, whether D. this, whether
3. ----What are you anxious about? ---- . A. How can we succeed B. Whether we can succeed C. When can we succeed D. That we can succeed
4. The reason the little actress has been such a success is she is both clever and hard-working. A. why, why B. why, that C. that, because D. for, because
5. leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. A. Who B. Whoever C. Anyone D. The person
6. I really don't know ____________ I had this photo taken. A. where it was that B. it was that C. where it was D. it was why
7. Dr. Black comes from either Oxford or Cambridge. I can't remember . A. where B. there C. which D. that
8. ----What do you think of China? --- different life is today from it used to be. A. How, what B. What, what C. How, that D. What, that
9. Give this to you think can do the work well. A. who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever
10. troubles me is I can't learn all these English idioms by heart. A. That, that B. What, what C. That, what D. What, that
A. 1. that 2. what 3. what, whether 4. that 5. who 6. why 7. that 8. which 9. where 10. whatever
B. 1-5 CABBB 6-10 ACACD
A.同位语从句一般跟在名词fact, hope, idea, news, doubt, suggestion, information, opinion, decision, discovery, truth, promise, statement, problem, rule等的面。
They were all very much worried over the fact that you were sick. 对你生病这件事，他们都很焦虑。
Where did you get the idea that I could not come 你在哪儿听说我不能来?
I have no idea whether he'll come or not. 我不知道他是否来。
We haven't yet settled the question where we are going t spend our summer vacation. 到哪儿去度暑假，这个问题我们还没有决定。
It is a question how he did it. 那是一个他如何做了此事的问题。
There is no doubt that we will win. 毫无疑问我们会赢的。
Word came that Mr President would come and inspect ourschool himself. 有消息说总统先生将亲自来视察我们学校。
This is our only request that this (hould) be settled as soon as possible. 尽快解决这个问题，这是我们唯一的请求。
He made the suggestion that we go by train. 他建议我们坐火车去。
Yet no such effect had been detected in any of the ingenious and delicate experiments thatphysicists had devised: the velocity(速度)of light did not vary.
As brighter areas of the image eject more electrons than the darker or shaded portions, anelectronic image is produced in which varying degrees of positive charge duplicate lightintensities seen in the scene being pictured.
There are those who insist that the era of a computer terminal on every desk is just aroundthe corner, while others insist that traditional teaching methods will never give way tocomputerized instruction.
The last bits and pieces of interplanetary debris(星际碎片)from which Earth formed were justarriving.