▲构词：solution n. 1. [C] (问题的)解答;(困难的)解决方法 2. [U] 解答，解决 3. [U] 溶解
▲搭配：the solution to 解决……的办法
【考例3】In the end, one suggestion seems to be the solution ____ the problem. (2001北京春招)
A. with B. into C. for D. to
[答案与解析] D "对于……的解决办法"，介词用to。
2. total n. / adj. 全部(的)
(1) in total 加起来In total, there must have been 20000 people there.
(2) a total of 总共His expenses (支出) reached a total of $100.
(3) the total of...……的总数 The total 0f the bill is 230 dollars.
3. when conj.
when并列连词，= and then，表示"就在那时，突然"，常见以下句型中：
(1) be doing...when...正在做……突然……I was wandering through the streets when l caught sight of a tailor's shop.
(2) had done...when...刚做了……突然……I had just sat down when the light went out.
(3) be about to do...when...刚要做……突然……I was just about to go swimming when our guide saw me and shouted at me.
4. while conj.
(1) while从属连词，引导时间状语从句，从句动词用延续性动词，主句的动作发生在从句动作发生的过程之中。Come on, get these things away while I make the tea.
(2) 并列连词，表前后两个分句意义相反或相对，意为"然而"。Some people waste food while others haven't enough.
(3) 放在句首，表示"尽管;虽然"，相当于although。While we don't agree, we continue to be friendly.
1. All the novels are considered ____ the young readers in the 1980s. (to have interested)
2. Bob thought it ____ to solve maths problems while others hated it. (fun)
3. The headmaster ignored the ____ between Mrs. Wang and his nephew. (argument)
4. We can't decide. The plan needs to be ____. (considered)
5. ____ with Class Two, ours has more boy students. (Compared)
6. I find a better way ____ this problem. (to solve)
7. Nearly half of the companies ____ the same opinion with the government. (share / shared)